Who We Are - IOPPK
Educate and impact the professional knowledge and competency in Eastern Africa
We are registered under the Societies Act Rules Laws of the Republic of Kenya at Nairobi on 7th January 2011 Certificate of registration No. 33497.
Our goal is to educate and impact the professional knowledge and competency of packaging industry players, about the important and valuable aspects of packaging.
To raise awareness of the purpose of packaging, and the environmental impact of packaging and to promote sustainable packaging solutions that reduce waste, conserve resources and protect the environment.
To create awareness of a circular economy for packaging where waste is minimized, resources are conserved and the environment is protected, by educating and upskilling the public and manufacturers.
Our mission is to Improve skills for Packaging professionals by imparting knowledge and expertise in packaging technology, science, access and engineering, improving supply-demand chains in all sectors, and encouraging the trade competitiveness of packaged products for local and export markets.
- Stimulate consciousness of good packaging;
- Undertake and promote study, research and development in packaging and package design;
- Recommend standards for packages, packaging materials, processes and equipment; test, evaluate and certify packages, packaging systems, packaging materials, equipment, and processes;
- Provide consultancy services on packaging problems;
- Study packaging for export commodity-wise and country-wise and suggest measures to authorities concerned for effecting improvements;
- Provide training in both short-term and long-term for specified personnel employed in industry, commerce, and government in packaging technology;
- Promote and stimulate action in universities and colleges, to provide education in packaging technology;
- Analyze the implications of a sound policy on packaging on domestic production, domestic consumption, and domestic prices;
- Study methods and procedures of incentives appropriate for the development of packaging;
- Analyze the institutional framework most conducive to the promotion of packaging;
- Study the packaging requirements with special reference to transport by road, water, rail, and air;
- Study the impact of packaging on marketing;
- Undertake advertising, publicity, and exhibition to promote packaging consciousness;
- Establish relations and to cooperate with any other agency or organization having similar objectives in Kenya or abroad;
- Provide and disseminate information relating to packaging;
- Prepare, print and publish any papers or periodicals or reports;
Establish and maintain libraries and information services to facilitate the study of the various objects for which the society is established;
- Constitute regional institutes at convenient places in Kenya and outside to promote the objects of the society;
- Invite representatives of government, industry, trade, and other institutions and organizations, Kenya and foreign, to deliver lectures on subjects in which the society is interested.